The past few weeks have not been the easiest in our house. E is now almost 16 months old and more of a little boy every day. It blows my mind how fast he’s grown. I try to enjoy every moment with him, but lately I wish I could hit fast forward! I know, I know, this is just beginning. Wait until he turns two.
- Six Things No One Told Me About Toddlers
- They don’t like to go to sleep. We’ve never had an especially easy time getting E to sleep, but lately it has gotten downright impossible. He goes down for naps during the day pretty easily, but I have no idea what happens to him at night. Every night has been a battle.
- They don’t have a concept of a schedule. This is why don’t go out too often. It’s his way or the highway, and it’s easier to do it his way at home.
- Everything is a play thing. E has got a room full of toys and books, but he ignores them in favor of random things. His current favorite “toys” are straws and receipts or other scraps of paper.
- Nursing a toddler should be an Olympic event. I could write on this topic forever! Long story short, it is trying and not easy. Nursing him in public really takes some baby wrangling skills.
- Meltdowns are no joke. I suppose not all babies are as dramatic as E, but his meltdowns are epic. He’s recently realized that he can purposely fall down and scream. Oy.
- It is amazing to see him learn. My favorite thing ever is to see him learn how to do things. Whether it is a word, how to play with a new toy, or a new trick, it is amazing to me to see this little sponge soak up everything around him.