It’s been a little while since I’ve done a post on beauty products I’m using and really like. To me, the start of summer means vibrant colors, using my heat styling tools less frequently, and a natural look for every day.
- Batiste powder shampoo: great dry shampoo, it’s even available in tinted versions to match your hair color!
- RiRi Woo: this hot shade is from the RiRi Hearts MAC lipstick collection and was gifted to me by my sister. I’ve only worn it a few times, but received a TON of compliments on it.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil: I’ve been using this for some time now, but it works wonders for my hair, especially for my color damaged ends. I’ve tried lower priced argan oils, but they tend to have a strange smell to them that even my lavender essential oil can’t mask.
- BaByliss PRO Nano Titanium flat iron: my Chi died earlier this year, leaving me with wavy hair for months. I broke down and bought this iron after my good friend and hairstylist used hers on me. My thick hair stays amazingly straight for days and when used in conjunction with #1, I can make my at-home blowouts last for 4 days even in the TX heat without even having to touch up my hair.
- Essie’s Turqoise & Caicos: one of my favorite colors for summertime hands and feet. Looks amazing against bronzed skin and is a nice cool change from the corals and oranges I typically wear.
- Tarte Maracuja Creasless Concealer: this stuff changed my life. Not kidding. The high end concealer I was using before would leave my under eye area dry and cakey by 10am. This stuff is very rich and moisturizing (a little dab covers a lot!), and stays put all day and night.
- Sephora Collection Cream Rouge lipstick in Mr. Lover: a bright fuschia that is perfect for a day or night pop of color.
- Stila Stay All Day waterproof liquid eyeliner: it does everything its name says. While I used to use NYX’s Skinny Eyeliner for a perfect cat eye, it wasn’t waterproof and would start to drip down my face within a few hours. This stays put and is available in fun colors like mint, navy blue, and hunter green, in addition to black.
- Garnier Oil Free BB Cream: has a great matte finish and more coverage than the BB cream I was previously using. A little bit goes a long way for this big tube!
- Essie’s Mint Candy Apple: this is an all-time favorite color. I wear it year-round and always get tons of compliments.
What are your summer beauty favorites?